Former South Africa hooker Lukas van Biljon is said to be “broken and devastated” after his father was killed following a farm attack.
Andre van Biljon, 7src, died from gunshot wounds after being shot three times in the chest at midnight on Saturday. His son Lukas, 47, was also stabbed during the attack.
Six armed men had allegedly stormed the family farm at Oranjeville in Free State Province, allegedly also tying up Lukas’ children with cable ties during the incident.
Lukas’ father Andre had tried to reach a radio to alert his fellow farmers, but is reported to have been spotted and shot three times. Having been rushed to Pelonomi Hospital in Bloemfontein, he sadly died on Tuesday.
A close farmer friend told the Daily Mail: “Lukas is broken and devastated and along with the van Biljon family had been with Andre at his bedside since he was operated on. But they were serious injuries and his body family gave out on him. They shot him from close range in cold blood. He was an old man and could not fight back. Lukas
…. to be continued
Read full article at the Original Source
Copyright for syndicated content belongs to the linked Source : Wales Online – https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/south-africa-rugby-international-broken-27033614